All your portraits from your childhood or lots of selfies in a flipbook. Very Funny. The front cover is covered with printed linen and bound with book screws.
When I make guestbooks or photo albums it often leaves residual material. Pieces of paper, cardboard or canvas. I use these materials to make these boxes with notebooks. So I don’t have to throw away the remaining materials. For every book I create a design. Therefore, each piece unique.
Exclusive handmade photo books for Geirmundur Klein
Photographer Geirmundur Klein from Iceland lives and works in the Netherlands. His photography isolates the urban environment and landscape from their context. His imagery is silent and desolate. The pictures show the beauty and alienation of everyday places and objects that the unsuspecting passer hardly notice. See geirmundurklein.net
Anne-Mieke Boonstra and Geirmundur Klein are working together on exclusive handmade publications for his photography.
The Songwriting Secrets Of The Beatles’ is a fascinating book. But too thick, too heavy and too clumsy. What to do?
- ‘Pull’ the case binding
- Scan and print additional title pages
- Split the book block into three equal parts
- Find some pictures for the covers
- Edit them in Photoshop, rich in contrast and black and white
- Design the covers and print the covers on linen
- Rebind the now three books
- Add useful ribbon markers
- Make a box with the original photo
Now you have three handy books.
Artist book ‘Stories’.
Artist book – The ultimate pin up book